Christian, is your child in a public school facing yet another wave of attacks on sanity and religious freedom? Will your daughter be using the restroom alongside a disturbed boy who “identifies” as a girl?
It’s time to opt out!
I’m not going to spend time making the case that you should opt out. I really hope that Christians are seeing that in most situations today, this is the obvious conclusion. But rather, I want to answer the objection “what is the alternative?” How do we opt out?
It may not be easy, and some situations are harder than others, but there are incredible opportunities available today to give your children a CHRISTIAN education. You really CAN opt out! More than ever before in history, parents are equipped with the tools to make this possible, whether books, video courses, online courses, curriculums for every learning style, and of course, private schools. There is a solution for just about every situation, every budget, and every style of learning. All of these scenarios require dedication, but nearly every true obsticle is now removed.
I have dedicated my own career to providing one answer to this question. Through the company I founded, Roman Roads Media, we provide Christian classical curriculum designed specifically for the homeschool, with an emphasis on video and online learning. Our speciality is 6-12 grade classical subjects.
It’s now obvious WHY you should #optout of #publicshools – but here’s HOW you can do it
But we are one of many. Let me name you just a few of my friends, all doing their part to answer this question:
- Roman Roads Media (grades 6-12, now with online classes too).
- Canon Press and Logos Online School (all grades).
- Classical Academic Press (all grades, mostly 1-8th grade).
- Memoria Press (all grades, mostly 1-8th grade).
- Classical Conversations (A nationwide group of co-ops. HIGHLY recommended).
- Well-Trained Mind Press (curriculum and help for parents)
- Schola Classical Tutorials (high school, Great Books using Old Western Culture)
- Cottage Press (curriculum and online classes)
- CiRCE Institute (help and encouragement for parents).
- Veritas Press (all grades).
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) (writing for all ages).
- Kahn Academy (FREE instruction in many subjects – secular).
- Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool (free k-12 materials and curriculum).
- YouTube, your library, books, free curriculum, and countless support groups. – And many more.
For Private schools:
- See Association of Classical & Christian Schools for a list of Classical Christian Schools.
- Look up Christian schools in your area.
Can you not afford the education? There are ways: scholarships, talk to your church, or talk to me if you’re interested in our curriculum.
But please, Christian, #OPTOUT! For the dedicated parent, there are always opportunies. And I will help any way I can.
Founder, Roman Roads Media,
publisher of Christian classical curriculum